Indicator: Targeted audiences, including individuals from underserved communities, are understood and their interests are reflected in products and services.
Efforts are made to understand the motivations and experiences of the people who use and are most impacted by the system. Key stakeholders are identified, including individuals from under-represented groups (e.g., communities of color), and materials are developed in consultation with stakeholder representatives. Information may be tailored to meet the specific needs of an audience, but overall messaging remains consistent. Information is disseminated to all stakeholders.
Examples: families, educators, advocates, attorneys, advisory groups, associations
Critical Questions for Consideration
- What audiences need to receive information?
- What is known about the targeted audiences?
- How do they experience the dispute resolution system?
- What are the best ways to reach the targeted audiences?
- What process will be used to gather input and feedback from stakeholders on products and services?