CADRE has compiled resources geared toward assisting states, parent centers, practitioners, and families who are interested in equity initiatives and developing or improving cultural competency in their own practice or within their professional environments.
Note: CADRE is creating its own Cultural and Linguistic Comepetence Assessment for Dispute Resolution Systems (coming spring 2021). If you are a representative of a State Education Agency, please contact us if you are interested in learning more.
Webinars and Training
- Exploring the Cultural Dimensions of Conflict, Presented by: Sukhsimranjit Singh, Associate Director, Willamette University Center for Dispute Resolution
- Getting Buy In and Implementing Cultural and Linguistic Competence Organizational Assessments, Presented by: Andy Arias, Policy Advisor U.S. Department of Labor, Tawara D. Goode, Principal Investigator Leadership Institute for Cultural Diversity and Cultural and Linguistic Competence Georgetown University National Center for Cultural Competence Director, Vivian Jackson, Senior Policy Associate Leadership Institute for Cultural Diversity and Cultural and Linguistic Competence Georgetown University National Center for Cultural Competence Elizabeth Weintraub, Advocacy Specialist Association of University Centers on Disability
- Getting the Family Involved – Engaging in Education in Native Communities, Presented by: Priscilla Maynor. Ed.D, Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina
- Cultural Competence: What it Means for Person-Centered Thinking, Planning, & Practice, Presented by: Georgetown University National Center for Cultural Competence and the National Center on Advancing Person-Centered Practices and Systems (NCAPPS)
- Visiting a House on the Other Side of Town , Presented by: Johnny Lake, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Northwest Christian College
- VIDEO: Parent Engagement in the Early Years, Part I, Presented by: Dr. Marilyn Chipman, Equity Specialist Coordinator, The Region III Equity Assistance Center
- VIDEO: Parent Engagement in the Early Years, Part II, Presented by: Dr. Marilyn Chipman, Equity Specialist Coordinator, The Region III Equity Assistance Center
- Pieces of the Same Puzzle: The Role of Culture in Person-Centered Thinking, Planning, and Practice, Tawara D. Goode: July 9, 2019 - PowerPoint; Recording; Spanish Language Transcript
- Community-Led Systems Change in a Public School District through Parent Participatory Evaluation, Presented by Amanda Dionne and Maren Gelle Henderson, Minneapolis Public Schools
- Disproportionality in Special Education | IDEA Part B | Module 5, Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR)
- Working Together with Interpreters, Open Doors for Multicultural Families
OSEP Fast Facts: Asian Children With Disabilities (December 2020)