This interactive presentation will address the unique challenges and logistical needs of students attending his/her facilitated IEP/ETR team meetings or mediation, and how to empower the students to engage in a positive way to help develop the most effective Individualized Education Program or Evaluation Team Report.
At the end of the presentation, the participants will be able to:
- State reasons it is helpful for student involvement in the development of an IEP or ETR;
- State strategies to engage the student during the development of an IEP or ETR;
- State steps to adequately prepare the parent, district and the student prior to engaging in a facilitated IEP or evaluation team meeting or a mediation;
- State the times it is NOT appropriate for a student to be involved in a facilitated IEP or evaluation team meeting or mediation;
- State why transition planning is critical and how to better engage the student in the process;
- and Identify the impact culture has on the student's participation in a facilitated meeting or mediation.