CADRE is excited to announce that CADRE, in partnership with the Pennsylvania Office for Dispute Resolution and Oklahoma SERC will be hosting the third Professional Development Opportunity for IDEA Hearing Officers on February 6-7, 2024. We welcome Jose Martin, J.D., Professor Mark Weber, and other esteemed presenters for our two-day event!
Who’s Invited: IDEA Part B and Part C Hearing Officers, Administrative Law Judges, and Due Process Review Officers, and State Education Agency/Lead Agency administrators of IDEA due process complaints
Cost: No cost to participants
When: February 6-7, 2024, 9:00 – 2:15 Pacific (12:00 p.m.-5:15 Eastern)
- Case Law Review
- Sharing our Resources: Scripts, Decisions, Checklists and More
- Hearing Officer Led Discussion on Conducting Ethical Hearings
- Compliance and Communication Requirements with the State Agencies
- Expedited Due Process Hearings and Behavior Related Cases
- Diving Deep into Education Evaluations
Frequently asked questions:
- Who may attend?
Attendees are required to be IDEA Part B and Part C Hearing Officers, Administrative Law Judges, Due Process Review Officers, or employees of the State Education Agency/Lead Agency or other agency responsible for IDEA due process complaints in order to provide targeted professional development. CADRE offers additional training opportunities that are open to general audiences.
- Will CLE credits be offered through this event.
No. We will provide a certificate of attendance, as well as full agenda of the conference for individuals to self-report their attendance.
- Will this event be recorded?
No, this is a live event only; the sessions will not be recorded or archived.
- Why does the conference start so late in the day?
We serve the entire U.S. and its territories, which includes eight time zones. The times are designed to try to include as many people as possible.
- When and where can I register?
CADRE will announce when registration is open via our website, newsletter, and through our network. We anticipate registration opening in mid-November.
- How much does the conference cost? Do I have to attend the entire conference? Do you take attendance?
Registration is free. You may join only those sessions you are interested in attending. The Zoom platform does generate a report of who attended and for how long.
Please save the date and share this with your IDEA due process hearing officer/ALJ community.
Registration opens mid-November. More information to follow.