MEDIATION of Special Education Issues.
FACILITATION of IEP/IFSP Meetings.
TRAINING & CONSULTATION: Facilitation of IEP/IFSP Meetings, Facing IEP/IFSP Related Challenges, IEP/IFSP Facilitation 101, IEP/IFSP Prior Written Notice of Action Items process, Develop Solution Options for Proposals and Counter Proposals during an IEP/IFSP, Implement IEP/IFSP Consensus-as-you-go Strategies, Techniques to Gain IEP/IFSP Agreements, Communication and Listening Skills, Mediation of Special Ed Issues. Other requests for training topics can be developed and customized for a particular group.
I am willing to provide my services throughout the United states and beyond.
Master of Science in Education-Administration with a focus on Special Education, Bachelor of Science in Education-dual majors in Elementary Education and Special Education.
Special Education and Conflict Resolution Experience
Since 1974, Trisha Bergin-Lytton, M.Ed., has implemented conflict management skills in the public school system, private residential treatment center, community groups, government agencies, and private corporations as a special education teacher, special education administrator, consultant, facilitator, mediator and trainer. Since October 1993, Trisha has mediated numerous special education issues and facilitated hundreds of IEP Meetings, along with a few hundred cases involving employment, workplace, community, and family matters. Her problem solving techniques and negotiation skills, combined with her special education expertise, have been essential to the collaborative and successful fulfillment of the desired interests and needs of those she has served.
1) Special Education Administration K-12: OH,FL,TX
2) Administration K-12: NM
3) Emotional Disturbance Instruction K-12: FL,TX
4) Intellectually Disabled Instruction K-12: OH, FL,TX
5) Special Education Instruction K-12: NM
6) Elementary Education Instruction K-8: OH, FL, TX, NM
****All NM and TX licenses are current****
1) 40 Hour Basic Mediation, TX
2) Family Mediation (Divorce, Child Custody), TX
3) Special Education Mediation, NM
4) Transformative Mediation, NM
1) Association for Conflict Resolution
2) Council for Exceptional Children
3) Council of Educators for Students w/ Disabilities
4) New Mexico Mediation Association